Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Sewing for Pea: Toy Boxes

Well Pea (the nickname we gave our baby girl before she arrived into the world), is well and truly here, 3 months old now and already has a ton of toys. So I wanted to create some unique toy boxes for her.

I took these plain storage boxes which I got from Muji...



... and turned them into these:


 Here's how I did it:

1. I printed off an image of a 5 sided star, taped this under a sheet of acetate and, using a cutting knife and board, cut out the star shape to create a stencil.

2. I mixed up my desired colours of fabric paint, and using my star stencil (secured with masking tape) stencilled different colour stars on the sides of the boxes. To fix the paint, I ironed them (putting some scrap fabric between the painted area and the iron).



3. I then sewed this fancy pom-pom ribbon around the top and trimmed the handles with co-ordinating ribbon.

Voila!



No comments:

Post a Comment